RETROBOK SHOE ARCHIVE V2.0
After weeks of solid work, Retrobok is proud to present the updated RETROBOK SHOE ARCHIVE.
Hit the jump to read more! Much more….
The Retrobok blog originally started back in 2011 with the Hall of Fame 80’s page as a cornerstone of the site which then expanded to include 60’s, 70’s and 90’s pages. Those original pages were basic: slow to load, hard to update, non-searchable and have now been retired.
After a great deal of research, and discovering most free Photo Storage sites simply don’t tick all the boxes needed for a flexible working archive; Microsoft OneDrive has won out for V2.0 of the Retrobok Shoe Archive (RSA), allowing a folder-based archive which can be easily navigated, searched, updated and downloaded. —BokOne
- RSA V2.0 is a working archive, not an Instagram account. It is intended as a reference site. Higher-res imagery will be added in time
- The RSA covers all Reebok shoes from the companys’ birth in 1958 to the year 2000, and retros of those shoes after 2000.
- JW Fosters shoes will be added in due course
- There are currently over 1000 folders, and over 2200 images to set a foundation for the archive
- Most imagery has been watermarked. All images can be downloaded
- Folder naming format is:
SHOE NAME | (EARLIEST KNOWN YEAR OF SALE) | ADDITIONAL INFORMATION | PRODUCT CODE
CLASSIC LEATHER (1983)
CLASSIC LEATHER (1985)
Retros of original shoes will simply follow suit to aid chronological viewing, eg;
CLASSIC LEATHER (2013 RETRO) STASHProduct codes are appended when known eg;
PUMP RUNNING DUAL (RETRO) VNT GARBSTORE V63650
- ‘The’ in ‘The Pump’ has been dropped from folders names to aid chronological sequencing
- Early Reebok shoes with ‘C’ and ‘R’ codes (eg; C300, R400…) have been titled as such to aid chronological sequencing
- Top-level folders only have subfolders if the shoe was sold in more than 1 core SKU (ie; MENS/WOMENS/JUNIORS) for simpler navigation
- Catalogues/Promo material are placed in the top level folder where available
Thanks to the following historical contributors:
Stephen Toole (Reebok Shoe Archive – 80s 90s Vintage Classic Retro)
David Gumbley (NoSugar)